Research and surveys undertaken in recent years have shown that older Australians are opting to age in place in the comfort of their own homes, as opposed to going into residential care. The key to achieving a full and happy life while ageing in place, lies in the support of a quality home care provider and the packages they provide. ‘My Aged Care1 ’, a government initiative that provides subsidised Home Care Packages tailored to individual circumstances and needs, makes aging in place accessible and possible – here’s how.
As specialists in facilitating the entire ‘My Aged Care’ process, from acquiring the right package to ensuring seniors get the most benefit out of it, our mission at Home Care Assistance is to provide peace of mind to families and enhance the quality of life for seniors wanting to age in place. Each Home Care Package is designed to be as unique as the individual it serves. As such, a comprehensive needs assessment is conducted before approval, ensuring that the care plan perfectly aligns with a person’s requirements. So, what does ‘My Aged Care’ offer?
Three Categories of Home Care Services
Based on the level of the Home Care Package received, individuals can access a range of services, divided into three main categories:
- Services to keep you well and independent: this category encompasses personal care, nursing Services and allied health support, aimed at promoting overall well-being and independence.
- Services to keep you safe at home: from cleaning and home maintenance to modifications and assistive technology, these services ensure a secure and comfortable living environment.
- Services to keep you connected to your community: this includes transport and social support services, enabling seniors to stay socially engaged and connected.
Four Levels of Home Care Packages
- Level 1: Basic Care Needs – Approximately $9,000 a year, this level offers a little extra support to help seniors maintain their independence at home. It may involve one or two visits a week from one of our dedicated Care Professionals, offering assistance with basic housework, grooming, dressing, shopping, meal preparation, and transport to appointments.
- Level 2: Low Care Needs – Approximately $15,750 a year, similar to Level 1, Level 2, providing low-level assistance to help seniors remain independent for an extended period. Seniors can expect a visit from one of our dedicated Care Professionals three or four times a week, offering support with tasks mentioned in Level 1.
- Level 3: Intermediate Care Needs – Approximately $34,250 a year, Level 3 is suitable for those who require more support to continue living at home. Our dedicated Care Professionals or nurses may visit most days of the week to provide health monitoring services and allied health visits.
- Level 4: High Care Needs – Approximately $52,000 a year, Level 4 seniors receive high-level care, perfect for those with complex nursing needs, such as Alzheimer’s or Dementia. Daily visits from Care Professionals or nurses are common, helping with both domestic and/or medical support.
Your Tailored Home Care Solution
Home Care Assistance believes in providing flexibility, respect and dignity to individuals, regardless of their Home Care Package level. Once you have your ‘My Aged Care’ Home Care Package subsidy, you gain the freedom to choose and utilise the services that align with your lifestyle and immediate needs. Our expert Care Managers will assist in customising a care programme that addresses your health, home and well-being needs, ensuring that you can live safely and independently at home, as you age in place.
Explore the possibilities of a Home Care Package with Home Care Assistance, as you discover the path to a fulfilling life at home. With the support of ‘My Aged Care’, we are here to help you achieve this as you age in place.
Support of an in-home care agency like Home Care Assistance, can bring enormous benefit and comfort to your quality of life while living independently at home. Home Care Assistance has viable solutions when it comes to supporting independent living. For more information, get in touch with a Home Care Assistance near you today.
Join Our Newsletter
Our Latest News
As a leading age care provider, Home Care Assistance offers tailored in-home care services for older Australians, enabling them to live happier and healthier lives in the comfort of their own homes.
We offer private and government subsidised Care Packages and have office locations that are a registered NDIS provider. Our Care Workers undergo extensive training in order to deliver unmatched in-home aged care services where people can continue ageing in place. We are proud ambassadors of the My Aged Care government funded aged care program, enabling Australians to successfully navigate the process and gain approval for in-home care support packages. Home Care Assistance offers hourly care, specialised care, Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, hospital to home care, and 24 hour in home care.