When the time has come to consider hiring a home care agency to support and care for the elderly in your family, it is critical to know the level of management the home care agency will provide. The greatest benefit of hiring a home care agency is that their operations include the necessary management of personnel and associated bookkeeping and tax considerations. Services also include performing exhaustive background checks for in home Care Workers, including the validation of prior work references and current skill set, arranging liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance, and managing all responsibilities connected with payroll and taxes. Unlike most agencies, Home Care Assistance also provide opportunities for continuing education for employees through its online training platform, Home Care Assistance University. We have outlined questions below that cover the full scope of in home care services. Use these questions to guide your search for a reliable home care agency and ensure that you are finding the best provider for your loved one ageing in place and in need of in home care.
- How proficient is the in home Care Worker, and/or how long has this home care agency been in operation?
- What skills does the in home Care Worker possess in providing care for the elderly with mild cognitive decline or Alzheimer’s? If your loved one is living with a chronic disease, what training does the in home Care Worker have in providing for your loved one’s specific needs?
- What testimonials exist on behalf of the in home Care Worker or the home care agency?
- Does the in home Care Worker have a criminal background? How is the Care Worker’s driving and work history? How carefully does the home care agency screen its Care Workers?
- What services does the home care agency offer and what, if any, are the associated fees? Are contracts required? Is a minimum fee necessary for provision of in home care services?
- Does the home care agency deliver written statements itemising all costs and payment options related to the in home care?
- Does the home care agency take credit cards? Do they process claims for long-term care insurance as part of their aged care services?
Care Worker Education
- What special training does the in home Care Worker currently have?
- Does the home care agency provide training and/or continuing education for its employees?
- Are the Care Workers trained to care for people with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease or other advanced needs involved in care for the elderly?
- Is the in home Care Worker insured?
- Does the home care agency provide employees with liability insurance to protect the client against risk of injury or loss of property during the provision of home care services?
- Is the Care Worker comfortable with surprise visits by the home care agency to monitor performance and standard of care in the home? Does the agency perform unannounced visits periodically to evaluate the client’s quality of care in the home and to re-evaluate any in home care needs?
Home Care Assistance hires only the most qualified and compassionate individuals as Care Workers, accepting only 1 out of every 25 applicants on average. We take additional steps in vetting our Care Workers to protect our clients by conducting thorough screening, which includes background checks, reference checks and work authorisation. A proprietary Care Worker Personality Screening test assesses each applicant’s traits, such as kindness, honesty, and conscientiousness. Home Care Assistance exercises in-person interviewing practices to confirm our in home Care Workers’ reliability and demeanour. We do all this to ensure your ageing in place loved one is matched with a Care Worker who provides safe, reliable home care assistance and is also suitable in personality and temperament. At the end of the day, our goal is to provide care for the elderly that will improve their quality of life and to afford families the comfort and peace of mind knowing that their loved one is in safe, reliable hands as they enjoy ageing in place. To learn more about services visit here.
Join Our Newsletter
Our Latest News
As a leading age care provider, Home Care Assistance offers tailored in-home care services for older Australians, enabling them to live happier and healthier lives in the comfort of their own homes.
We offer private and government subsidised Care Packages and have office locations that are a registered NDIS provider. Our Care Workers undergo extensive training in order to deliver unmatched in-home aged care services where people can continue ageing in place. We are proud ambassadors of the My Aged Care government funded aged care program, enabling Australians to successfully navigate the process and gain approval for in-home care support packages. Home Care Assistance offers hourly care, specialised care, Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, hospital to home care, and 24 hour in home care.