The old saying of “there’s no place like home”, is one that resonates with almost everyone, which is why the prospect of having to up-root your life and move into an aged care facility, or having to live with family, is often a worry that plagues the minds of a lot of seniors. It doesn’t have to be this way. Living independently at home is very much a viable option nowadays, more so when you are prepared, and have the right support.
Research has shown that nearly 70% of Australians prefer to age at home as opposed to living in residential care1. Ageing in place independently and enjoying a full life on your own terms is possible, especially when empowered with in-home care services that share the same values of supporting independence with respect and dignity. That said, adapting to changes in our own abilities over time is not without its challenges. Home Care Assistance makes this easy with creative ways to maintain the activities that bring purpose, enjoyment, and independence to our lives. At this juncture, it’s important to assess your needs, as this will determine next steps and any significant changes that need to be implemented to make living independently at home a viable option for you.
Identify Your Needs
Identifying the level of care you require is key, which includes all health and potential mobility issues – be specific, as this way, your ageing in place Home Care Assistance care plan can be tailored specifically to meet your needs. Home Care Assistance takes the time to listen, understand your needs, and how we can best support you with in home care.
What Kind of Care Do You Need?
Living independently at home does not mean being on your own entirely. There are so many wonderful support options available to you, so take advantage of them. As the saying goes, “…a little bit of help goes a long way”, so when it comes to ageing in place, in-home care helps us to live independently in the comfort of our own homes. It is normal to feel a little reluctant and unsure, which is why at Home Care Assistance, we are here to help make life easier and less complicated as we age. When it comes to our care packages, there is no “one size fits all” approach. We believe that all care needs are as unique as each person and can change over time.
Based on your individual needs, choosing the right in-home assistive care service is important. At Home Care Assistance we offer flexible care to fit your needs:
- Hourly Home Care – allows for hiring our Care Workers on an hourly, or as-needed basis. By helping with daily activities, our Carer Workers enable individuals to maintain their normal daily routines. This could include assistance with:
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation and nutrition
- Laundry and change of bed linen
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Transportation to social and recreational activities
- Assistance with light exercise and outdoor activity
- Companionship and community engagement
- Travel assistance
- 24 Hour Home Care – provides full-time, around-the-clock care, with a Care Worker in your home at all times. We have different ways to structure 24-hour coverage and can help you determine the best for your personal situation. Those living with dementia or who are homebound due to physical limitations, benefit greatly from 24-hour care, while giving families peace of mind and the support they too need to be able to support their loved ones ageing at home.
- Hospital to Home Care – One-on-one hospital to home care is crucial for a safe and successful recovery when transitioning home, after hospitalisation or moving through the care continuum via a rehabilitation or medical care facility. Home Care Assistance Care Workers can provide companionship and support while in hospital, transportation home and to rehabilitation appointments.
- In-home Specialised Care – can provide one-on-one care appropriate for individuals requiring various levels of special care including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, recovery from strokes and other conditions including palliative care.
Home Care Assistance Care Workers are experienced, thoroughly trained and personally committed to individuals and the families they support. We offer a robust and flexible roster of Care Workers who have diverse experience, skills, personalities, and credentials. We are able to match the right Care Worker to each person’s unique interests, needs and preferences. Care Workers are employees of Home Care Assistance. We manage our team’s employment insurance, taxes, and workers’ compensation so you don’t have to.
A meaningful life as we age in place can be attained through engagement with the things we love and that are familiar to us. Support of an in-home care agency like Home Care Assistance, can bring enormous benefit and comfort to your quality of life while living independently at home. Home Care Assistance has viable solutions when it comes to supporting independent living. For more information, get in touch with a Home Care Assistance near me today.
Join Our Newsletter
Our Latest News
As a leading age care provider, Home Care Assistance offers tailored in-home care services for older Australians, enabling them to live happier and healthier lives in the comfort of their own homes.
We offer private and government subsidised Care Packages and have office locations that are a registered NDIS provider. Our Care Workers undergo extensive training in order to deliver unmatched in-home aged care services where people can continue ageing in place. We are proud ambassadors of the My Aged Care government funded aged care program, enabling Australians to successfully navigate the process and gain approval for in-home care support packages. Home Care Assistance offers hourly care, specialised care, Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, hospital to home care, and 24 hour in home care.